Wow! Last week I received my first blog-related award, which makes me very excited but also makes me feel really privileged! The One Lovely Blog Award, which came to me from the Tisa, who blogs at Blessings From My Kitchen (for her post about receiving the award herself, a delicious looking doughnut recipe and details of the other people to whom she gave this award, pop over here). Tisa’s blog is beautiful, with great recipe ideas, wonderful photos, and an encouraging thought and Bible verse at the end of every post. Please do go over to Tisa’s blog and have a look – although I love all her posts, I am particularly inspired by her native South Indian recipes. She definitely has one lovely blog!Now, on to the business associated with this award…
Rules of the Award:
1. Display the blog award (check!).
2. Create a link to the site that nominated you (see above…check!).
3. Write 7 random facts about yourself (that is going to be hard, but read on…).
4. Display the links of the blogs you love and pass on the award (I’ve gone for seven, which are below).
7 Random Facts About Me:
1. I would like to feel sophisticated and to pretend I have a great palate that appreicates dark chocolate…but no matter how much I try convince myself, I really do prefer milk chocolate.
2. I’d choose a gammon steak over a real steak most days (unless it comes from an awesome steak place that I went to in New Zealand last year, in which case it would have to be steak…).
3. Forget cocoa (but not always) – I really enjoy hot milk and honey for a relaxing pre-bed drink.
4. My favourite colour is blue.
5. My favourite author is Jane Austen, and my favourite book of hers is Northanger Abbey.
6. I use cup measurements because I am an extremely lazy person, and getting out the scales and doing precise measurements is just too much hard work.
7. Like Tisa, I’m not fully comfortable with social networking, though in my case I’m talking specifically Twitter. I can see the appeal but unfortunately I just can’t think of anything interesting that I think others might like to hear to tweet…so if you ever stumble upon my Twitter account (here), I apologise now that it has nothing but tweets with urls to blog posts. You might as well come straight to this blog!
7 Blogs I Love Reading:
1. For honesty and inspiration to be a God-honouring woman – 4littlefergusons
2. For reflections on being a Proverbs 31 woman today – Above Diamonds
3. For baking ideas – The Better Baker
4. For a Mummy Blog that appeals even to people who are not mummies – dorkymum
5. For an interesting blog with beautiful photography and writing – Lily & Amie
6. For delicious Greek and other food – Seemingly Greek
7. For crowd-pleasing recipes – The Church Cook
Thank you again Tisa, and I hope you all enjoy exploring Tisa’s blog and the seven blogs that I’ve nominated!
10 Comments Add yours
Thank you ever so much. I feel very honored & blessed. And am so tickled to see you are acquainted with my special friend, Tonya at 4 little Fergusons. =) I've never received this special award, so am extra excited about it. Thanks again – I just adore your background….soooo cool! God bless you and all you do here.
You are too sweet! Thank you for including me!!!!!! Hugs, T 🙂
Wow..I love this B! More so that I got to learn a little more about the brains, hands and heart behind S, S & S :)). Don't worry, I'm just as unsophisticated as you when it comes to le chocolat, more milkier it is, the better. And… I'm going to twitter stalk you, maybe we can trend together, friend 😉 Loved your post my blogging buddy- I want to browse through your 7 favorites, too. God bless!
Thank you, B! So kind and thoughtful! Hugs….
That is a pleasure and thank you for your kind comments. I only discovered your blog recently, but have really enjoyed reading it!
That is a pleasure – I really enjoy reading your blog, particularly as you share your own journey in faith, which encourages me to seek God more. Thank you!
Thank you, and thank you again for nominating me! It was fun to do! Trending together sounds good – if you manage to get to grips with Twitter management, I'd definitely be interested to hear the secrets! Thank you again for the award!
That is a pleasure – I really enjoy your blog – it is so cheerful and encouraging. And I love the great resource for cooking for large numbers – as someone who has done that in a church context before, I cannot begin to tell you how fantastic a resource your site is!
B thank you so much for your lovely nomination! I really am touched, it's my first award – how very exciting!
Thank you also for regularly following my blog, I don't get to do it that often but you always manage to say Hi, so I thank you, you are a blessing and encouragement.
That is a pleasure – it was my first award too! I do really enjoy reading your blog when you manage to post – so thank you!